Benefits of Massage Therapy
So many have already discovered the benefits of Advanced Massage & Laser Therapy Clinic. Massage therapy has been proven to relieve stress and tension, and in some cases, help heal illness caused by stress.
Massage is considered to be one of the oldest treatments and was used for thousands of years by many cultures. The ancient civilizations of the Chinese, Hindus, Persians and Egyptians use forms of massage to treat many illnesses.
Massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on the body's natural ability to heal itself.
So, what exactly are the benefits to receiving regular massage and/or bodywork treatments?
- Increase in circulation - allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs
- Stimulation of the flow of lymph - the body's natural defense system, against toxic invaders
- Increase in the circulation of blood and lymph systems - to improve the condition of the body's largest organ - the skin
- Relaxation - softening of injured and overused muscles
- Reduction in muscle spasms and cramping
- Increase in joint flexibility
- Reduction of recovery time from surgery
- Elimination of pains - after strenuous workouts
- Release of endorphins - the body's natural painkiller – to aid with a chronic illness, injury or recovery from surgery
- Reduction of post-surgery adhesion's and edema - can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred
- Improvement of range-of-motion - decrease in discomfort for patients with lower back pain
- Relief from pain for migraine - And can decrease in the need for medication
- Aid in exercise and stretching - atrophied muscles and reduction of shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion
- Assistance with shorter labor - for expectant mothers, as well as a decreased need for medication, less depression and anxiety and shorter hospital stays
- Immune System - Numerous studies have indicated that massage, work outs and heat can increase the immune system’s cytotoxic capacity (the activity level of the body’s natural "killer cells") and decrease the number of T-cells, which improves the body’s immune functioning overall
- Specific physiological and psychological changes - As a result of massage, especially when massage is utilized as a preventative, frequent therapy
Massages can promote healing
Touching is a natural human reaction to pain and stress. Think of the last time you bumped your head. What did you do? You rub it!
Massage is a major part of any physical rehabilitation treatment and many other chronic treatments, including lower back pain, arthritis and bursitis. It also relieves many stress illnesses and tension of everyday living. Healers throughout time and the world have instinctively and independently developed a wide range of therapeutic techniques using touch.
Massage can reduce stress
Experts estimate that 80% to 90% of disease is stress-related. The physical changes massage brings to your body can have a positive effect in many areas of your life, besides increasing relaxation and decreasing anxiety. Massage lowers your blood pressure, increases circulation, improves recovery from injury, helps you sleep better and increases your concentration. Massage also reduces fatigue and gives you more energy to handle stressful situations.
Massage can bring balance
Massage is a perfect elixir for good health, but it can also provide an integration of body and mind. By producing a meditative state or heightened awareness of living in the present moment, massage can provide emotional and spiritual balance, bringing with it true relaxation and peace. Motivated individualists, sports enthusiasts and expectant mothers alike go to find relief from the tension and stress of an active and busy lifestyle.
To maintain good health, flexibility, manage chronic pain or optimize recovery from injury, Advanced Massage and Laser Therapy Clinic and his team of highly trained therapists will tailor a program that achieves your specific goals to live life to its fullest.